We hold information about you as a software developer on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) lawful basis of 'public task' so that we can run the Developer Hub as a service to you.
We do not knowingly hold personal information on children under the age of 16. The Developer Hub is not for use by children under this age.
When you use the Developer Hub, we collect:
- your personal details including name, email address and sometimes the name of your organisation
- information about your applications and the email addresses of your colleagues who access them
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you use
- information on how you use our site, based on cookies and page tagging techniques
- any questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address, if you contact our support team
How we use your data
We use your personal information:
- to create your account on the Developer Hub
- to make sure your account works properly
- to send you service updates and notices
- in a customer relationship management tool to help us manage our obligations to you
We do not share your information with anyone else.
When you apply for an account, we check:
- Companies House - to make sure the status of the business is 'active'
- LinkedIn - to check the business's digital footprint
- Twitter - to check the business's digital footprint
- Company website - to check the business’s digital footprint and to make sure we’re dealing with a valid developer
- Sandbox testing - to make sure you've sufficiently tested the API before we give access to the live environment
How we protect your data
We comply with the GDPR to protect your personal information.
- tell you why we need the information
- only ask for what we need
- make sure no one has access to it who should not
- only keep the information for as long as we need it
- not make it available for commercial use
Our staff are trained in handling information and understand how important it is to protect personal and other sensitive information.
When you close your account, we’ll:
- delete your personal information
- keep audit records of your user account activity for up to 6 years
If you want us to delete all the information we hold about you, email our support team.
Asking to see your information
If you want to see the personal information we hold about you:
- email our support team to find out which DfE office to contact
- address your GDPR request to the data protection officer
There is no charge for this.
Sometimes we can withhold information, for example to protect national security.
Third party integration
We use third party software to help us improve your experience on the Developer Hub, including Azure App Insights, Optimizely and SurveyMonkey.
We may collect your:
- device's IP address
- device screen resolution
- device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type
- geographic location (city and country only)
- preferred page display language
- referring domain
- pages visited
- preferred language used to display the webpage
- date and time when website pages were accessed
- mouse events (movements, location and clicks)
- key presses
We will store this information in a way that it cannot be used to identify you.