How to develop your application
Naming your application
The name of your application cannot:
- use or refer to 'DfE'
- be the same or similar to an existing name on the Developer Hub
- be the same or similar to a trademarked name registered by another business outside the Developer Hub
- contain offensive words or phrases
- mislead users into believing it has special status or power - for example, associating your application with government, local authorities or institutions, like Royal Tax App
'The same' means a name that is identical or where the only difference is punctuation or a special character.
This does not apply if both:
- the name will be part of a group with an existing application with the same or similar name
- the administrators of the existing application give you permission to use the name
We have the right to delete your application at any point, for any reason.